The worrying situation we are in by the coronavirus outbreak has forced us to officially postpone SEING II Seminar. After confirming the participation of our plenary speakers, who we profoundly thank for their flexibility and concern, we would like to inform that our intention is to hold SEING II on September 25th. Please save the dates!
We will do our best to hold a most exciting, enriching and insightful conference. Notifications of accepted communications have already been delivered to participants. Registration will open in due time for both participants and attendants.
We will keep you tune in about the seminar. Thank you for your understanding. We hope you and your beloved ones are well and stay healthy.
SEING II ENGLISH STUDIES ACROSS GENRES, MEDIA AND MODES
This Seminar is intended for doctoral students in English Studies who wish to present their current research. It is seen as an opportunity for young researchers to share and compare their initiatives and their experience as PhD students with other colleagues. They will be accompanied by senior lecturers and experts in some of the fields of research in English Studies. Abstracts should be submitted in English.
The confirmed plenary speakers for the SEING II: English Studies Across Genres, Media and Modes are Mary Harrod (Warwick University), film studies scholar, and Isabel Corona (Universidad de Zaragoza), professor in Applied Linguistics.
- Applied linguistics and English learning / teaching
- English and professional discourses
- Intercultural rhetoric
- Genre theory, rhetorics and communication
- Pragmatics and discourse analysis
- Contemporary and modern American literature
- Contemporary and modern British literature
- Contemporary and modern Irish literature
- Literary criticism and literary theory
- Postcolonial studies
TRANSLATION AND CULTURAL STUDIES
- Audiovisual translation
- Specialized translation
- Literary translation
- Language, style and literary and cultural change
- Culture and film theories
- Film and TV genres
- Globalization in audiovisual media
- Transnational cinema and cosmopolitanism
Download Call for Papers (PDF)
Download Template for abstracts
Download Template for digital posters
Download Programme (printable version; double-sided brochure; 1 A4 sheet/ 4 pages)
Créditos de la imagen: sobre una tinta china de © Emilio González Sáinz y con generoso permiso del autor