|The two English-language Masters, Advanced Studies in Literature and Translation of Specialized Texts, will not be given next academic year (2017-18) due to a lack of provision and funding.
Number of credits: 60
Coordinator: Mª Dolores Herrero Granado
Admission Office: C/ Pedro Cerbuna, 12 50009-Zaragoza
The Master in Advanced Studies on Literature and Cinema in English has been conceived as a tool to educate and train quality researchers and professionals in the field of English Studies who specialise in, at least, four professional areas:
- Specialised researchers and experts on contemporary culture and its challenges, ready to start the PhD research programme (Doctorate in English Studies).
- Teacher trainers qualified to advise on textual and ideological interpretation.
- Educators well grounded in the field of English culture, literature and language.
- Specialists in English language and textual criticism.
This Master consists of 60 ETCs credits and provides logical access to the Doctoral Programme regulated by the RD 99/2011, which contains the legislation on Postgraduate Studies within the European Space for Higher Education. This Master, therefore, pursues two main goals:
- To provide students with enough knowledge to access the Doctoral Programme on English Studies taught by the Department of English and German Philology, which has held the Quality Distinction awarded by the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation of Spain (ANECA) and the Ministry of Education since 2003.
- For those students who are not interested in continuing their academic formation by enrolling in this Doctoral Programme, the in-depth knowledge and expertise obtained completing these courses and obtaining the MA degree will undoubtedly facilitate their access to the labour market.